Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome & Happy 2011!

Why hello! Welcome to my new blog.

 My name is Amy and I am from Perth, Western Australia. It is here that I will share with you my favourite things in life – mainly recipes & general musings, but also anything else that pops up along the way. 
 
I hope 2010 treated you all well. For me it was a crazy year. It was filled with the highest highs and the lowest lows. I’m making a new stance this year to focus on the positive. I tend to get bogged down in the shit bits and overlook everything that is great in the world. Last week I had one of those days where the world seemed against me. It seems that everything went wrong. The next day I was still dwelling on what a crap day it was so I decided to write down three positive things about the day. They were only little positives, but you know what? It changed my outlook of that day completely. There was a mental shift and suddenly I was smiling again and thinking that the day had actually been pretty damn good. I’ve decided that for 2011 I’m going to try out this method & take note of 3 good things each day, no matter how small they are. So here’s to a year of my life where I can hopefully look back and smile at every single one of the 365 days! 

The other thing that I did in preparation for 2011 was to write a list of 5 things I wanted to do this year. They were only small things, but I find I often get so busy that it's the small pleasures that I miss out on. The list is very achievable:
1. Bake/cook a whole fresh fish.
2. Go for a full day hike.
3. Go camping. (I think 2010 passed without a single camping trip!)
4. Go to the wineries in Perth's Swan Valley.
5. Go to the ballet.

Are there any changes you will be making in 2011 or resolutions that you have made?

3 comments:

  1. Does the whole fish still have to have it's head (and eyes). I don't like it when food still appears to be looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight it does. It wouldn't be the same if I didn't just whack it on the table as is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. Let me know if you need a companion for hiking, camping, wineries or the ballet. I won't be baking with you though... unless you want to teach me :)

    ReplyDelete